Saturday, March 31, 2012

I Think It's Windows Phone's Time to Shine... NOW






Not to burst anyone's bubble or anything, but in my honest opinion Apple and their little ooo la la products are seriously starting to get on my nerves. It's overrated and treated as if it's a gift from God, Whoopty Doooo, who cares? I dont.  I want to hear more Windows Phone news, I also could care less about Android, it doesnt interest me. Windows Phone has my heart so here's some news for the Windows Phone lovers like myself.  
IS IT TIME FOR WINDOWS PHONE 8 YET?

 I dont know about anyone else, but me personally I am anticipating the release of Windows Phone 8 which is  also known for it's code name "Apollo". When Windows 7.5 was released onto the WP (Windows Phone) market it was also referred to as its code name which is "Mango".  


After initially being transformed into a new line of technology in late 2010 from it's old form Windows Mobile the last one of which was Windows Mobile 6.5. Finally then Microsoft knew it was time to start over after releasing the disastrous fail the HTC HD2. Dont get me wrong the screen was like no other at the time sporting a 4.3 inch sized screen. In 2010 if you had a 4.3 inch screen, which meant you either had the HD2 or the HTC Evo  by Sprint , you knew you were the bomb. 


Unfortunately the HTC HD2's aesthetics just didnt cut it. It was a living joke, I had it my self and grew to hate it and discovered I wasnt the only one dealing with this madness. Everyday it froze or had some type of malfunction. When I heard the news of Windows Phone 7 being released that upcoming November I was ecstatic. Back to news, when Windows Phone 7 was released, the appearance and performance was much different. Now forwarding almost a year later in late September and early October of 2011 Windows Phone was ready to release Windows Phone 7.5 aka "Mango". This update included over 400 new features and tools to make the user experience much more pleasurable. Features such as Facebook and Twitter integration, internet sharing, app search, multitasking, visual voice mail, new internet browsing experiences, and so much more.


 Now it's time for the talk of the Windows Phone 8. According to Pocketnow.com and other techy media sites, WP8 will feature new things such as  3 different types of screen resolution displays, multi processing, and removable storage. Also, the Zune integration will be put to rest and get replaced with a seamless, richer version of ActiveSync. As for the X-box integration it will still be there and will have a partner client with the Desktop Windows 8 for a better user experience without having the need to constantly sync back and forth constantly. Marketplace wise, by the time its time for WP8 to be released, it is expected that 100,000 apps will be readily available to WP users. These are some of the Golden Nuggets that I mentally consumed and I cant wait for the entree (WP8) to be released. With that being said...... adios :)


No comments:

Post a Comment